Wisdom Teeth and 3rd Molar
Post-Procedure Care: Do's and Dont's
- Don’t use mouthwash with alcohol
- Don’t use straws or create a suction for 7 days
- Don’t smoke for 7-10 Days
- Do take special care to maintain good posture
- Do keep any incisions clean and dry. Be careful when showering, bathing, washing your face or shaving.
- Do sleep slightly inclined to help reduce throbbing
- Do use caution when cleaning ears. Don’t use Q-Tips.
An ice treatment may reduce swelling and soreness. The application of heat prior to stretching may relax muscles in preparation for rehabilitation. The goal of your rehabilitation is to recover function as soon as possible.
1. Heat and Ice
- 1st 24-72 hours post-procedure, apply a cold-compression system (or use cold packs or ice at least three times daily for 15-20 min). Avoid over-cooling the skin.
- After 72 hours, utilize heat and cold at least three times a day for 15-20 min each. Begin with 15min heat, followed by 15min ice.
Jawbra with hot/cold gel packs for pain and swelling relief.