The Salvate™ Home Oral Hydration System contains three controls: ON/OFF, FREQUENCY, and SURGE .
The ON/OFF switch turns the device on ( | ) or off ( O ). When the device is turned ON, you will hear a series of beeps and then the device will perform a pump of water. Turn the switch off to stop the device.
The SURGE button initiates a pump of water from the device. If you hold down the SURGE button, the device will pump until you release the button. Use the SURGE button for immediate relief or a sip of water. If there is partial or no water in the tubing, you can use the SURGE button to pump water from the bottle to the mouthpiece.
The FREQUENCY knob controls how often the device pumps. Frequency options include 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, 20, 30, and 60 pumps per hour. Turn the knob up for increased frequency, and down for less frequency.
|Frequency (Pumps per hour)||2||3||4||6||8||12||15||20||30||60|
|Pump timing||30 mins||20 mins||15 mins||10 mins||7.5 mins||5 mins||4 mins||3 mins||2 mins||Every 1 Min|
The Salvate™ Home Oral Hydration System includes 5 foam mouthpieces; and additional mouthpieces can be ordered in packs of 5. The mouthpiece will sit under your tongue or in the pocket of your cheek. Test where you find it most comfortable. Disconnect, rinse and dry out your mouthpiece after any long period of use (e.g. overnight or through a work day). Each mouthpiece should last at least a week with full-time use and consistent rinsing. To further clean the mouthpiece, dip it into mouthwash or denture cleaner. Always squeeze out any liquid, and allow the foam to dry between usage!
Set-up & Usage:
• Fill the bottle with water.
• Connect the tubing from the water bottle to the Salvate™ device. Connect the extension tubing to the Salvate device, and then the mouthpiece tubing to the extension tubing. Do not over turn the luer connectors on the tubing--they can be difficult to unscrew if twisted on too hard.
• Insert mouthpiece under tongue
• Stop if you repeatedly cough or choke on the water. Daytime Set-Up (90 Mins)
• Set Frequency Time to 12 to pump every 5 minutes.
• Turn the device on.
• Hold down SURGE to pump water.
Release SURGE when mouth is moist.
• Run for 90 minutes.
• Mouth too dry: Turn Frequency Up.
• Mouth too wet: Turn Frequency Down.
• Note Daytime Frequency Setting: __________
Night time Set-Up
• Set Frequency to half Daytime setting.
• Take nap or set alarm for 2-4 hours. Evaluate.
• If mouth is dry: turn up; Too wet: turn down.
• Note Daytime Frequency Setting: __________Usage
• Run device on Day or Night time Frequency. Adjust Frequency Up for more pumps of water per hour, or down for less water.
• Press or hold surge for immediate sip and relief.