Post-Procedure Care: Do's and Dont's
- Don’t smoke for 7-10 Days
- Do take special care to maintain good posture
- Do keep any incisions clean and dry. Be careful when showering, bathing, washing your face or shaving.
- Do sleep slightly inclined to help reduce throbbing
- Do use caution when cleaning ears. Don’t use Q-Tips.
An ice treatment may reduce swelling and soreness. The application of heat prior to stretching may relax muscles in preparation for rehabilitation. The goal of your rehabilitation is to recover function as soon as possible.
1. Heat and Ice
CryoJaw bra compression wrap with hot/cold gel packs for pain and swelling relief.
A compressive wrap to reduce pain and swelling of the face and TMJ area.