Post-Procedure Care: Do's and Dont's
- Don’t use mouthwash with alcohol
- Don’t use straws or create a suction for 7 days
- Don’t smoke for 7-10 Days
- Do take special care to maintain good posture
- Do keep any incisions clean and dry. Be careful when showering, bathing, washing your face or shaving.
- Do sleep slightly inclined to help reduce throbbing
- Do use caution when cleaning ears. Don’t use Q-Tips.
Pain Prevention and Relief
An ice treatment may reduce swelling and soreness. The application of heat prior to stretching may relax muscles in preparation for rehabilitation. The goal of your rehabilitation is to recover function as soon as possible.
1. Heat and Ice
- 1st 24-72 hours post-procedure, apply a cold-compression system (or use cold packs or ice at least three times daily for 15-20 min). Avoid over-cooling the skin.
- After 72 hours, utilize heat and cold at least three times a day for 15-20 min each. Begin with 15min heat, followed by 15min ice.
2. Self Massage - Do each for 1 minute, 2-4 times per day:
- Placing thumb inside opposite cheek, massage cheek between thumb and fingers back towards jaw bone in circular motion
- Massage the floor of your mouth, under the tongue
- Place fingertips on either side of head above the ears and massage in a circular motion
- Massage the area between your thumb and index finger
CryoJaw bra compression wrap with hot/cold gel packs for pain and swelling relief.
A compressive wrap to reduce pain and swelling of the face and TMJ area.
Jawbra with hot/cold gel packs for pain and swelling relief.
A discounted pack of 10 CryoJaw Bra compressive wraps.