Posted by Rob Christensen on 8/4/2011 to Xerostomia, Dry Mouth
Cleaning the XEROS Bottle and tubing discharge line.To clean the bottle and tubing lines:
- Remove the mouthpiece from the system, and set aside.
- Place the mouthpiece end of the tubing into a bowl, or directly into a sink.
- Add 3 tsps of bleach to the bottle and then fill with water. Close the bottle.
- Run the cleaning mode on the XEROS system. Allowing the bleach solution to drain into the bowl or sink.
- Refill the bottle with water only (purified or water is better) and run the cleaning mode again.
- Finally, open and allow the bottle to fully dry. Any remaining chlorine will evaporate.